Best Rooftop Restaurants in Marrakech
Marrakech rooftops are the oasis you need to escape from the hustle and bustle of the souks. Here you will find my top picks for a first timer in Marrakech.
What to eat in Marrakech
- Orange juice: a must-drink at Jema el-Fna square. Moroccan orange juices are world famous for being tasty and refreshing!
- Tajine: a Moroccan dish named after the pottery where it’s cooked in. It can contain meat, vegetables or both.
- Pastilla: a meat pie that is served as a starter.
- Harira: traditional Moroccan soup made with tomatoes, lentils, chickpeas, etc… that is usually eaten after Ramadan.
- Moroccan mint tea: you will get invited to a cup of tea every time you check in at a hotel or shop. It’s delicious!
My Top Picks for Restaurants in Marrakech
Atay Cafe is a beautiful rooftop in the heart of the Medina – the views from here are stunning.
Prices are very reasonable (it’s probably the cheapest from the list) and service, decor and views are really worth it.
Cafe Kif Kif
Cafe Kif Kif features a lovely rooftop with a view to Koutobia mosque – it was my favorite pick for sunset.
The view is exceptional, but the terrace is a quite small. Book your table in advance!
Le Jardin is the only one from the list that doesn’t actually have a rooftop. However, it’s located in a lovely courtyard full of plants, lovely decor and even birds!
Le Jardin is a very good restaurant – you shouldn’t miss it!
Nomad is the most famous restaurant in Marrakech, and it’s for a reason! Nomad’s rooftop have several levels and it’s the bigger from the list, anyways you should book your table in advance.
It’s perfect for sunset, however food wise, it’s probably my least favorite from the list.
Terrasse des Epices
One of my favorite restaurants in Marrakech. Terrasse des Epices is located in the Spices market. The atmosphere is really cool and I loved their chicken tajine with pear.
Marrakech Food Tips
- Jema el-Fna stalls: nothing seems more authentic than eating at a stall in Jema el-Fna square. However, these places are not always a good option and sometimes they lack hygiene.
- My favorite meal in Morocco was during my stay at Scarabeo Camp, in Agafay desert. If you have the chance, book one night in the desert, you won’t regret it.
Map of locations