As soon as we arrived back to Dar es Salaam from our safari in Mahale and Katavi, we booked a flight ticket to our next dream destination: Zanzibar, the spice island where we would stay for the last leg of our trip in Tanzania.
If you’re looking for an amazing place where to stay in Zanzibar, I can totally recommend you Sea Cliff Resort and Spa, a beautiful property with an excellent service.
Where to stay in Zanzibar: Sea Cliff Resort & Spa
Karibu is a swahili word that literally means “welcome”. And thats exactly how we felt!
Sea Cliff Resort & Spa
Sea Cliff Resort & Spa is an absolutely beautiful hotel located on the top of a cliff in the northwest of the island, just 25 minutes away from Stone Town. Its location is fascinating and its decor totally fits the surroundings.
I would recommend it to anyone visiting the island but beware of the danger: during our first 2 days in Zanzibar we didn’t even go outside the hotel to explore! We felt so cozy and everything was so pretty that we wanted to make the most of it.
Actually, I believe that everyone splurging on a fancy resort like this one should make the most of their stay at the hotel. This kind of hotel deserves some time.
I was staying at the superior room with beautiful ocean views.
The rooms at Sea Cliff Resort are elegant, spacious and comfortable. My favorite part was the balcony, which is perfect to simply enjoy the view with a cup of coffee.
There are 3 swimming pools at the property, all of them facing the Indian Ocean and the jetty. The view and the colors make you feel like you’re in heaven!
- Golf area: Sea Cliff Resort has the only golf course in Zanzibar and even better, the golf area is facing the Indian ocean.
- Mali Spa: you can book your preferred treatment at the spa.
- WiFi throughout the property: a rare find in Zanzibar!
Activities & Tours
There’s plenty to do in Zanzibar. The island is massive – and so are the options!
The variety of things you can do in Zanzibar can be overwhelming. You can go on cultural visits, practice different types of sports, visit every single beach or surrounding islands or if you fancy you can go on a day cruise.
All this can be arranged from Sea Cliff.
- Horse riding: a professional and responsible stable is managed by Rosa close to the beach. It doesn’t matter what’s your horse riding level, you can go for a beach ride and create unforgettable memories with the animals.
- Safari Blue: think of a sailing day that includes snorkeling with dolphins and a seafood barbecue on a sand bank! It can’t get any better, right?
- Stone Town Trip: you can either visit Stone Town on a tour or DIY making use of the free transfer.
- Prison island Trip: despite of the name of this tour, the main activity in this island is visiting the old turtles. I haven’t been there personally and have read bad opinions in tripadvisor about how they treat the animals, so I wouldn’t recommend this visit.
- Spice Tour: an interesting visit to a spice farm to get to know more about them.
- Diving: Zanzibar is perfect for scuba divers! If you can dive only once, then choose Pemba island. The coral reef it’s amazing there.
- Sunset Cruise: I didn’t do this personally and I regret it! Imagine yourself enjoying sunset from a boat, sailing the Indian ocean to the sound of the drums… so unique!
Expect amazing and varied gastronomy during your days in Sea Cliff. There’s à la carte and buffet service and the international cuisine is sensational.
Every night there’s live music to make your meals even better. And if it happens to be your birthday, all the stuff will come dancing and singing to celebrate!
Restaurants at Sea Cliff Resort:
- Mangapwani Restaurant: expect local and international cuisine in this restaurant located by the swimming pool.
- Kobe Bar: around the Kobe swimming pools, you can order light meals and all types of drinks from your sunbed.
- Zanzi Bar: next to the main restaurant, it offers a comfortable space with one of the best views to the sunset.
- Jetty Bar: at the end of the jetty, it’s the perfect place for cocktails while the sun is setting down. During our stay they were celebrating a wedding in this beautiful place one of the evenings.
- Beach Bar: if you fancy stay by the beach you can also get your meal and drinks at the Beach Bar.
If you liked this post, pin it for later!